Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Classroom Update #1

Before implementing my inquiry plan, I have had to do some foundation work. First, I had to check up on video/photo release forms, and was happy to discover that 100% of my students are okay with being on videotape. To streamline my project, I decided to only video in one class. It will provide greater continuity for those of you who will watch it later. I will be implementing this plan in four separate classes, though.

This week, I taught my students to write and to say formal commands in Spanish. Today, we focused specifically on plural formal commands. This is essential for the project that they will be completing. They will be using these commands to create rules for the different activities in the classroom tomorrow. Before beginning, I will give them a list of "rules" and they will rate them from most to least important. They have also been compiling lists of verbs that could be used for rules in a classroom. I will be video-taping 1. my presentation of the project tomorrow, 2. the students' work session tomorrow and Thursday, and 3. the presentation of the rules on Friday.

I will be following up in the next several weeks by observing and taking notes while my students participate in random activities. I will have a checklist for which expectations they keep. They have been working hard this week learning the commands...I think they are excited about their new rules.

3 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see what rules they come up with. Are these classroom rules?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are classroom rules...they had to design rules for individual work, group work, computer lab, etc. They did great! A common theme was respect. I was impressed with how seriously they took it. We just have to see how well they keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they write the rules in Spanish? I like the collaboration that you have with them. I also like that you are thinking of this project in manageable stages. Nice work so far--

    ReplyDelete